2013 Industry Day at Grand River Raceway
TIME: Post Time 1:30
(Festivities begin at 12:30 | race broadcast begins at 1:o0)
* For post times of major races, click here *
PLACE: Grand River Raceway
7445 Wellington County Rd. 21, Elora, ON
COST: Free admission & parking
• 11 races worth $350,000+
• $125,000 Battle of Waterloo | $75,000 Battle Of The Belles | $90,000 OSS Grassroots event for 3yo filly pacers
FOOD + BEVERAGE:
• Please be advised the $23.99 Industry Day Buffet in the Captain’s Quarters Dining Room is SOLD-OUT.
• Reservations are not required for the Getaway Restaurant or Lighthouse Restaurant. There’s also the Tarmac BBQ and BBQs in the backstretch beer tents.
FOR THE LITTLE COLTS & FILLIES:
ALL ACCESS PASSPORT FOR THE KIDS’ AREA $5
Please purchase a $5 All Access Passport for the Kids’ Area when you arrive on Industry Day. Passports can be purchased at the Passport Kiosk located in the Kids’ Area. Passports are $5 per child (regardless of age) and include access to the following:
• Facepainting & balloon artists (1:00 – 5:00)
• Bouncy Castles (1:00 – 5:00)
• Pony Rides (1:00 – 5:00)
• Anthem Singer: Harness trainer Carmen Auciello
• Armbro Beau & Steve McLean – Winner of the 2012 Canadian Road Horse to Wagon Championship at the Royal Winter Fair, presented by the Canadian Road Horse Association (post parade leaders)
• The Painted Horse & Joanne Colville (post parade leader)
• Ken Middleton & Greg Blanchard (Broadcast Team)
• Napoleon & The Duke Of Wellington (Ambassadors)
• 3% Cash Back when you bet through your HPI account on Grand River Raceway’s 2013 Industry Day race card!
• Hall Of Fame Autograph Session, presented in cooperation with the Canadian Horse Racing Hall Of Fame (1:30 – 2:30) (guests TBA)
• Special presentation to Carl Jamieson, five-time winning trainer of the Battle Of Waterloo, and 2013 inductee into the Canadian Horse Racing Hall Of Fame
• Spin the Wheel Of Fame and win a prize compliments of the I Love Canadian Harness Racing Fan Club.
• $500 Cheerleading Squads: $250 awarded to each cheerleader representing the winning horse in the Battle Of The Belles and the Battle Of Waterloo.
• Online Handicapping Challenge, presented by Standardbred Canada’s I Love Canadian Harness Racing Fan Club (starting August 2).
• Super Hi-5 Giveaway: Standardbred Canada’s I Love Canadian Harness Racing Fan Club will award $1 QuickPick Super Hi-5 tickets to the first 50 people to visit their booth on Industry Day1 (18+)
• OHHA’s Best Of Show Competition: A winning Industry Day Tradition!
Strut your stuff on Industry Day at Grand River Raceway for $500 in prize money! All horses racing on Industry Day will be judged in the following categories (click on image below for PDF):